The Regional Sales Manager will implement and manage company sales and distribution objectives for a specific geographical territory or sales channel partners. The RSM will champion relationship-building with end-users, grow and coach our network of sales channel partners. The RSM will be responsible for achieving sales objectives in their defined territory through both direct “house accounts” and also indirect sales channels. This position requires personal sales contributions which will include management of key OEM accounts.
- Assist, train and coach sales channel partners through regular fieldwork conducted throughout the territory. This will be achieved by scheduling visits to Sales Channel Partners (SCPs) and traveling with them to potential accounts.
- Work within Prophet (CRM system) to track opportunities and activity with the territory ensuring data up to date and maintained
- Conduct product training sessions to SCPs and end-user customers
- Conduct magnet audits and train/develop SCPs on the same
- Manage the performance of SCPs in the territory, improve or replace poor performing SCPs as required, recruiting new SCPs where required
- Maintain calendar visit planning and reporting to create efficacy and transparency in sales planning
- Prospect and close sales personally within the territory and with named house accounts, manage house and key accounts directly
- Maintain an oversight of competitor activity in the territory
- Deliver corporate and technical presentations to SCPs and end users
- Maintain technical awareness of MPI products, substitute products and competitive products, coach SCPs on the same
- Achieve company sales goals and market-based objectives for assigned region
- Measure, approve, and document all quality standards before moving to the next operation.
- Nurture existing business with the territory
- Develop new business within the territory in line with the sales plan expectations
- Provide forecasts of regional sales for integration in the corporate forecast by specified dates
- Submit expense reports for business-related expenses on a weekly basis per established corporate policy
- Participate in regional, national and international trade shows, conferences and sales meetings
Territory Activity Reporting
- Territory Annual Sales & Marketing Business Plan Participation
- Quarterly Performance Review
- Monthly Performance Reports
- Weekly, Monday-Friday daily Sales Itinerary Planning
- Weekly, Monday-Friday daily Call Reports
- Weekly, Travel & Expense Report
Key Skills & Abilities
- Ability to travel approximately 50-75% of the time
- 10+ years of direct and indirect capital sales experience
- Bilingual - English as primary, fluent in Spanish
- Energetic and motivated with a strong desire to win.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a sales territory in an effective, transparent and organized manner.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a variety of assignments.
- Engineering degree or technical background in mechanical/electrical systems is preferred.
- Goal and results-focused approach to sales, a combination of “hunting” new business and “farming” existing business. Proven ability to generate results over “target”.
- Must have the ability to learn a wide variety of technical products and their applications.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of organizing and conducting sales presentations.
- In depth knowledge of the following industries:- manufacturing; food processing and safety; conveying equipment; magnetic separation equipment; sorting equipment; metal detection; recycling.
- Experience with reading AutoCAD or other drafting software is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) and/or Prophet (CRM System) software is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software.
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, or squat for extended periods of time to work on equipment
- Must be able to stand 75% of the day
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs
Safety Equipment Required:
- Must wear safety eyeglasses in designated areas
- Must wear steel toe shoes in designated areas
- Must wear ear protection in designated areas
As part of the inside sales team, you will work with a select team of motivated applications specialists. Members of the inside sales team field phone calls and e-mails from customers, sales channel partners and MPI sales managers. Key responsibilities include analyzing customer applications, recommending the correct MPI product, quoting the product, and processing customer orders through our ERP and CRM system.
- Respond to customer phone calls, e-mails and online requests with professionalism to generate new customer orders
- Ensure the department is properly staffed to receive incoming phone calls at all times during office hours
- Receive daily RFQs (request for quotation) and review for completeness of information to properly process RFQ into Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) and Prophet (CRM system)
- Identify challenging or complex RFQs and review with other department heads to ensure accurate product pricing
- Produce timely, accurate and complete quotations for SCPs and end users
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify the potential for an increase of profit possibilities or design improvements on a standard product line
- Develop and track standard sales/market pricing trends on assigned product lines versus the cost of manufacturing to ensure continued competitiveness and profitability
- Follow standard guidelines in pricing RFQs in ERP system using available tools and resources to ensure all RFQs meet process timeline standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction through timely responses and effective conflict resolution
- Comply with work order instructions to accurately enter information into ERP/CRM systems
- Process all departmental documents in a timely manner to ensure information is properly distributed in accordance with departmental guidelines and processes
- Capable of estimating custom “Job Shop” styled sheet metal components, machine components, and power transmission components. (Examples: Sheet metal chutes, transitions, specialty machined purpose-built components, and conveyors.)
- Acquire internal and external suppliers component cost to support engineering estimates and quotations
- Analyze blueprint detail for consideration into cost calculations
Key Skills & Abilities
- Energetic and motivated with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a variety of assignments
- Must have the ability to learn a wide variety of technical products and their applications
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in quoting and costing industrial equipment
- Strong knowledge of these industries and industrial equipment design is a plus: manufacturing; food processing and safety; conveying equipment; magnetic separation equipment; sorting equipment; metal detection; recycling
- Experience in estimating metal fabrication products with working knowledge of metals, metal fabrication and processes, and equipment.
- Ability to estimate total job costs from either drawings and/or sketches
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with AutoCAD or other drafting software is a plus
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) and Prophet (CRM system) software is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software
Safety Equipment Required:
- Must wear safety eyeglasses while on the manufacturing floor.
- Must wear steel toe shoes while on the manufacturing floor.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the position responsibilities. It serves only as a general description of the position.
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with employer match, paid holidays and paid vacation.