MPI is actively searching for an Inside Sales Representative. The ideal candidate would have experience with sales, industrial manufacturing processes and/or related equipment. In this career, you will be responsible for helping current and potential customers match the right MPI product(s) with their application, solving their business challenges. If you have a curiosity about how things work or how they are made, this position might be right for you! MPI products are always behind the scenes in industrial processes.
This opportunity is not for the weak of heart – you will be on the phone most of the day talking with new and existing customers to solve their problems. Good news! This position does not make “cold calls”, but rather field’s calls from new and existing customers. If you don’t like to talk or solve problems, this isn’t the right position for you! If you like a position that is fast-paced, regularly provides new challenges, gives you the ability to interact daily with a variety of customers, and the opportunity to learn from your teammates, this job is for you!
This is a great opportunity to get started with our growing, culture-focused organization. Successful Inside Sales Reps can move on to Outside Sales or other positions of interest through our career path planning programs.
About MPI (Magnetic Products, Inc.):
MPI (Magnetic Products, Inc.), is a manufacturer of metal control systems, such as magnets and metal detection systems, for the food, plastics, chemicals and recycling industries. We also manufacture conveyors and material handling equipment for the metal fabricating industry. It’s a very diverse product range into many different manufacturing processes. If you have ever watched the television show “How It’s Made”, you may have seen some of the equipment. You can check out our website to get a better understanding of our products and how they provide solutions for our customers.
For over 35 years as a family owned business, we empower our team to do what is right for our customers, our business and their families. If you are passionate about your work and willing to work hard, this opportunity may be right for you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to customer phone calls, e-mails and online requests with professionalism to generate new customer orders
- Receive and process customer RFQs (request for quotation) for their application to provide quotations on MPI products
- Follow up and close open quotations using our CRM software
- Process won orders through ERP system so products are built to the correct specification
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through timely responses and effective resolutions to any concerns
- 3 years experience quoting highly engineered custom machinery/equipment
- Task-oriented and assertive
- Energetic and motivated with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced sales environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Confident phone presence and excellent active listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software
- Experience working with manufacturers representatives
- Ability to read blueprints for dimensional, layout and specification information
Nice to Have:
- Experience with magnetic and material handling equipment
- Experience with conveyors
- Experience with estimating fabricated parts
- Experience in the stamping, metal fabricating, or fastener markets
- Inside sales management experience
- Experience with our ERP system, Visual Manufacturing
- Plant engineering or maintenance background
- Working knowledge of “Bill of Materials” within a manufacturing environment
MPI Team members enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal time
- You get your birthday off every year!
We receive a lot of resumes for our posted positions. If you are seriously interested, submit your resume with cover letter or email explaining why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Inside Sales in the subject line. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check.