The SHARK® BIG is made for rough industrial applications including big products, such as wood logs or paper bales. The installation is typically in a U-trough shaped conveyor with flat belt, as well as in special vibration conveyors.
Cassel metal detectors offer the latest features in metal detector design to deliver the highest performance systems for your process, reducing the risk of product contamination and protecting your brand. We stand behind our products and offer this satisfaction guarantee – put simply, the unit will perform as specified or we will take it back for a full refund.
Contact MPI for further information on this model.
- Multiple languages available
- Four-level password: operator, manager, technician and service
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step, high-graphic screens help users set standards for product testing
- Simple operation means no expensive service calls to adjust settings
- 360° analysis of the product signature
- Metal threshold follows the signature so metal detection occurs in the whole product
- The detector adjusts settings to detect metals in the most “difficult” products such as cheese or high salt content foods
- All solid state electronics housed on one main board – ensures years of reliable performance offering the lowest cost of ownership on the market
- Digital Balance Control adjusts for temperature and humidity fluctuations by monitoring coil balance more than 200 times per second
- 2 year standard warranty
Metal detectors are considered a critical control point, and continuous checking is required to meet standards. Cassel metal detectors can be programmed to automatically remind the operator to test equipment performance at pre-set intervals. A list of metal contaminant detections, changes in parameter settings, etc., is stored with both date and time. This list can be viewed on screen or the data can be downloaded to a Windows-based PC.
- Performance validation system (PVS) automatically prompts operator to test Metal Detector performance at pre-set intervals
- Operational history: events are recorded with the date and time and can be viewed on the control panel or export the log via a serial port
- Data will not be lost during a power outage
- The SHARK® BIG is available with aperture width 800 to 4500 mm (2,6 to 14,8 ft) and heights of up to 2000 mm (4,6 ft).
- High graded aluminum alloy housings provide total shielding against transient influences that cause false/nuisance tripping.
- SHARKNET® software
- Monitor real-time inspection results and actively manage product inspection equipment from a central computer
- Enables automatic downloading of data documentation to a Windows-based PC
- Support required compliance with: HACCP-SQF 2000-BRC-GMP-IFS5-FSSC 22000/PAS 220
- Remote maintenance capability by operators and Cassel technicians
- All data is stored in an SQL database for easy export or integration if needed
- Low pressure wash-down (IP67)
- METAL SHARK® controller is be housed in a double thick stainless steel enclosure
- Can be washed down with a pressure hose
- High pressure wash-down (IP69k)
- Aperture is specially sealed to prevent leaks
- METAL SHARK® controller is housed in a double thick stainless steel enclosure
- Daily wash-ups with a steam hose at a maximum pressure of 60 bar/900 psi can be conducted
- Sausage processors and other manufacturers who conduct frequent wash-ups have found this feature very beneficial