Please contact MPI Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Please note that we make every effort to process orders within 48 hours of receipt. Currently, orders are processed for shipping Monday through Friday. Exceptions may be made when a holiday falls during the week or as order volume dictates. Orders received on these days may not automatically ship the same day. For all orders, shipping timeframes depend on product availability and inventory at the time the order is placed. Customers will be notified by Email if a shipping delay of more than three (3) business days is expected.
If your order is time sensitive (needed within 48 hours), please contact MPI here email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-544-5930 (U.S./Canada only) or 248-887-5600 (outside U.S. and Canada).
The following conditions relate to the shipping of goods by Magnetic Products, Inc. (MPI).
By requesting shipment of any merchandise the purchaser agrees to all of the following conditions:
MPI is not liable for loss, damage, confiscation or Acts of God that occur during transit. Because weather conditions can change drastically at any time, we also assume no liability for damage caused by changes in weather during transportation. “Acts of God” include catastrophes such as, but not limited to: plane crashes, unforeseeable delays or accidents, destruction due to domestic and international unrest (i.e., riots, war, public enemies) confiscation, quarantine or natural disaster. If you wish to ship merchandise other than as advised by MPI, you do so at your own risk and may be asked to complete a Release of Liability.
Orders will not be shipped until payment has cleared.
A business address is preferable.
Buyer represents that they are at least 21 years of age.
Buyer may choose any shipping option, however, it is recommended that UPS Ground be avoided during extreme weather.
Additionally, UPS Ground can take seven (7) days to arrive over long distances. We recommend a faster shipping option to those destinations.
For freight requiring crates/skids/pallet: add $25.00 for a skid or pallet; add $50 for a small crate (under 48 x 40); add $75 for a medium crate (48 x 40); add $150 for a large crate (above 48 x 40).
UPS or FedEx box fees: add $5.00 per box (1 – 10 pounds); add $10.00 per box (21 – 40 pounds); add $15.00 per box (41 pounds or more).
Shipments of an unusual size or weight that require a constructed box: add $20.00 per box.
Please note that packaging/handling fees are in addition to UPS and FedEx shipping costs. UPS and FedEx ship items weighing up to 150 lbs.
If you wish to use a P.O. number, please contact MPI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-544-5930 or 248-887-5600.
Return Policy for Merchandise
What are the accepted reasons for returning/exchanging an item?
You may return or exchange your purchase if it meets any of the following criteria:
• We sent you the wrong item
• The item you received is physically defective
• The item is substantially different from what was advertised
Requests for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for any reasons other than those listed above may not be accepted. Exchanges for faulty merchandise will be made at the discretion of Magnetic Products, Inc.
How much time do I have to contact MPI about returning my purchase?
We will issue an RMA by Email if you contact us within two (2) weeks from the date that you received your shipment.
What if I send back an item without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)?
Any returns sent to MPI without requesting and properly filling out an RMA form will be returned to the sender unopened.
How do I send returns?
Email to email@example.com or call MPI for an RMA at 800-544-5930.
Return the product to:
Magnetic Products, Inc.
683 Town Center Dr.
Highland, MI 48356 USA
Attn: RETURN MERCHANDISE
We recommend you use UPS or other traceable method of shipping, when you send us your return. MPI will not be responsible for returns lost during delivery. Customer must prepay the return shipping.
For other questions, comments or suggestions, please contact customer service at 800-544-5930 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Proposition 65
MPI is compliant to the California Proposition 65 – The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act.
MPI compliant products include Alnico, Ceramic, Neodymium, Samarium Cobalt and flexible magnets. Silica Di-Oxide is Quartz or sand and makes up 1% or less of the ceramic magnet. It is in solid form so it cannot be inhaled in its current state and is also inside a welded enclosure in the plate magnet.
Nothing is added to our products at our facility during the manufacturing process. Of the components used in the manufacturing process, some may contain trace quantities (generally much less than 0.1%) of metallic elements known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity. MPI recommends that our customers use the proper prop 65 warning labels if concerned or have their own independent test performed as per the safe harbor limits specified in the proposition. There are over 200 chemicals listed on California Proposition 65 and the number is growing.
For more information about Proposition 65, please refer to oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65.
Magnetic Products, Inc. (MPI) is proud of its reputation as a quality manufacturer which is responsive to its customer needs. MPI equipment is backed by our standard one-year factory warranty.
Warranty is (2) two years for metal detection equipment from date of shipment and subject to MPI standard terms & conditions of sale as published on our website at www.mpimagnet.com
The MPI Lifting Magnet warranty is five (5) years from the delivery date. The warranty covers any manufacture or material defects. Warranty does not cover failures due directly or indirectly listed below. The guarantee is not applicable to shortcomings that can be wholly or partially attributed to failure to comply with the operating and maintenance instructions; normal wear; and modification or repairs not performed by MPI or authorized agent.
MPI warrants to the original purchaser of new MPI equipment that the MPI equipment manufactured by MPI are free from defects in material or workmanship and that MPI equipment manufactured to written specifications shall conform to those specifications. The warranty made hereunder shall continue from the date of purchase or the date MPI delivers the equipment to the customer, whichever is later. All claims for warranty must be received at MPI’s home office within the product warranty period. If a claim is made within the warranty period, MPI shall have an opportunity to examine the equipment. If there is a defect in material or workmanship or the equipment does not conform to specifications, MPI will at MPI’s option repair or replace the equipment free of charge at MPI’s factory in Highland, Michigan, or at such other location as may be designated by MPI.
MPI cannot warrant purchased accessories, appliances and components not manufactured by MPI but purchased to meet customer’s specifications. However, MPI will assign to its customer any warranty made to MPI by the manufacturer or seller of such purchased parts, accessories or components.
MPI shall not be liable for any warranty claims made after the expiration of the warranty, or for any warranty claims arising out of normal wear and tear, additions of any other parts or appliances, modifications, alterations, or disassembly of equipment not authorized by MPI, or damage caused by improper installation or use.
MPI’s liability under this warranty is strictly limited to the costs to inspect, repair and/or replace equipment found to be defective at its facility in Highland, Michigan. Under no circumstances will MPI be liable for costs to return equipment to MPI for warranty claim processing, downtime, delays, loss of production, loss of profits or other consequential damages. To the extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction, MPI’s liability for injury or death of employees of the purchaser of the equipment caused by the equipment shall be limited to that portion of any such damages as might be attributable to the negligence, strict liability or other tortious conduct of MPI.
MPI shall have no liability for any negligence, strict liability of tortious conduct of the purchaser or any third person and the purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold MPI harmless from any further damages, indemnity or contribution.
MPI reserves the right to make improvements in its products without any obligation to incorporate those improvements to products already manufactured or sold.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY MADE BY MAGNETIC PRODUCTS, INC. AND ACCEPTED BY PURCHASER IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUARY. NO WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Pricing. Prices on the Quotation are firm for 15 days unless reaffirmed by Seller. The prices and terms on this proposal are not subject to verbal changes or other agreements unless approved in writing by the Home Office of the Seller. All proposals and agreements are contingent upon strikes, accidents, fires, availability of materials and all other causes beyond our control. Prices originally quoted are net F.O.B. our factory, Highland, MI and do not include sales, use, excise, or similar taxes. Consequently, the amount of any present or future sales, use, excise, or other similar tax or customs duties applicable to the sale of products quoted upon will be invoiced when known, but shall be paid or reimbursed by Purchaser. In any event, exemption from such taxes shall only be given if Purchaser shall provide us with a tax exemption certificate acceptable to the taxing authorities. Shipments will not be insured unless so specified in the order, and always at Purchaser’s expense. Prices are based on international currency exchange rates in effect at the time of quotation. We retain the right to change our prices at any time prior to shipment if exchange rates vary significantly. In the case of extended deliveries due either to customer requirements or manufacturing scheduling, we must retain the right to adjust our price in the event of significant changes in design or labor and material costs. All orders will be shipped and invoiced at prices in effect at the time of delivery.
- Errors. Typographical and stenographic errors subject to correction. Purchaser agrees to accept either overage or shortage not in excess of ten per cent to be charged for pro-rata. Purchaser assumes liability for patent and copyright infringement when goods are made to Purchaser’s specifications. When quotation specifies the material to be furnished by the Purchaser, ample allowance must be made for reasonable spoilage and material must be of suitable quality to facilitate efficient production.
- Claims and Adjustments. No shortage claim or error in shipment will be adjusted unless reported in writing to us within 10 days of receipt of material. Returns, regardless of reasons, will not be accepted without prior written authorization by us. They must be properly packaged to prevent damage and returned prepaid by the best and most economical means. Returns of merchandise ordered in error by the customer must be properly returned by the customer within 30 days and are subject to 25% restocking charges. In addition to the foregoing conditions, Purchaser agrees that we shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages including loss of production or other loss to persons or property arising from or owing to the failure of or defects in machinery or equipment. No allowance for repairs, replacements or alterations made by Purchaser shall be permitted unless we have consented to same in writing. Seller disclaims all warranties in connection with the products sold pursuant to this Quote, express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including, but not limited to, quality, design, performance, specifications, condition, merchantability, and fitness for any particular purpose, except as expressly set forth in this agreement.
- Cancellation. Orders placed as a result of our quotation are not subject to cancellation unless Purchaser shall have given us notice in writing and said notice is followed by our written consent. Subject, however, to Purchaser’s payment to us of reasonable cancellation charge sufficient to indemnify us against loss. If any portion of Product is identified as “special” or “made to order”, Buyer’s order shall not be cancelled or cancelable by Buyer after acceptance by Company, except upon payment in full for the purchase price.
- Purchaser’s Risk. We are pleased to assist our customers with suggestions on design, construction and materials used in the products we sell. We cannot be held liable or responsible, however, for any loss, liability, cost or damage resulting from or connected with any observation or suggestion made by our personnel, agents or representatives. The Purchaser assumes all risks and liabilities for the operation and the use of the products described herein and agrees to defend and to save us harmless from any and all claims arising from any cause whatsoever related to the said operation and use, including personal injury, incurred in connection with the use of said products.
- Inclusion by Reference. All the foregoing conditions and provisions are hereby incorporated in and made part of the offer by the Purchaser when it is accepted by us.
- Other Conditions. Terms inconsistent with those stated herein which may appear on Purchaser’s formal order will not be binding on the Seller
- Warranty. Sellers warranty policy is a part of the above terms and conditions.
- Integration, Modification and Waiver. All sales of all products by Seller to Buyer are subject to the Terms and Conditions contained herein. Seller expressly rejects all Terms and Conditions in Buyers purchase orders or communications that differ from the Terms and Conditions contained herein. This is the entire agreement and all negotiations and understandings have been merged herein. This Agreement may be modified, altered, terminated or amended only by written modification, alteration, termination, or amendment signed by all parties hereto. No waiver of any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein shall be deemed or shall constitute, a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver.
- Construction and Jurisdiction. This proposal and any sales of goods pursuant thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. Any lawsuit arising directly or indirectly out of this proposal or sales of products pursuant thereto must be litigated in the Michigan District or Circuit Court, or United States District Court which has jurisdiction over the area in which Seller is located, currently, Highland, Michigan.
- Interest on Past Due Invoices. Buyer agrees to pay all invoices within 30 days from Seller’s invoice date unless otherwise approved by Seller in writing. If Buyer fails to make any payment when due, Buyer agrees to pay a service charge on all amounts past due at the rate of 1½ per cent per month (18 per cent per year) or the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less. In the event of non-payment, Buyer agrees to pay Seller reasonable collection fees, attorney fees and court costs, if any, incurred by Seller to collect payment and service charges.
- Savings. Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed omitted and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions with such particular provision omitted shall remain in effect.
- Arbitration. Any and all disputes, differences, or controversies relating to or arising out of, under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the sale of products pursuant thereto, or the breach thereof, other than equitable relief or the foreclosure of construction liens, or claims for patent, trademark or copyright infringement, shall be submitted to arbitration to be held in the County of Oakland, Michigan, under the rules and regulations of the American Arbitration Association and all of the parties hereto agree to be bound by the determination of the arbitrator or the majority of arbitrators as the case may be. The parties also agree that any arbitration decision made pursuant to this provision shall be filed as a Judgment with any Court of competent jurisdiction for purposes of enforcement.
- Notice. Any notices to be given hereunder shall be in writing and personally served or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
What do I need when I call the MPI Factory?
To streamline your process, it is helpful for you to have your product’s model number and/or your work order number. You can locate this information directly on your unit. MPI pin stamps all of its products before they leave the factory. Visually inspect your unit to locate the pin stamp and record the information you find for your MPI customer service specialist.