Doing Industrial Magnets The Right Way
MPI produces industrial equipment and magnets that are used in a variety of industry. MPI has built close customer relationships with manufacturing companies and has created a portfolio of products that keep manufacturing lines running smoothly, efficiently and profitably.
- Magnetic Filtration integrates magnetic technology to separate steel turnings, chips and/or swarf from coolant flow. Using magnetic filtration devices extends fluid life, reduces disposal costs, improves product accuracy and finish, and reduces machine and part wear. Magnetic technology is green and substantially reduces both the need to buy costly consumables and the associated downtime required to change paper filters.
- Conveying Equipment refers to the transportation of metal media such as stamping press scrap, manufacturing containers, metal blanks, etc. and can be done with Electric Scrap Shaker Conveyors, Beltless Magnetic Conveyors, and Sheet Separators.
- Electric Scrap Shaker Conveyors: maintenance-free electric scrap shaker conveyors cut use of compressed air – they handle anything from low-volume scrap removal to completely integrated central scrap systems.
- Beltless Magnetic Conveyors: built for maintenance-free operation, their sealed design prevents scrap from entering conveyor mechanics.
- Sheet Separators: improve productivity and employee safety when handling sheet stock.
- Magnetic Belt Conveyors: provide effective control of ferrous objects on high speed horizontal and inclined to vertical conveyor belts. They are exceptionally suited for transporting ferrous objects such as cans, lids, etc.
- Steel Hinge Belt Conveyors offer a competitive design to handle a wide range both ferrous and nonferrous materials including hot oil parts.
- Workholding Magnets: MPI’s Permanent Magnetic Parts Lifter PMPL Series is designed for ferrous parts and the direct replacement of vacuum cups located on ferrous parts transfer systems. The Pneumatic Switchable Permanent Magnet will hold your workpiece in place with strength previously unattainable, critical to milling, turning, drilling or grinding.
- Vibratory Conveyors: pneumatically driven, vibratory feeder conveyors offer an efficient and affordable way to feed materials.
- Magnetic Rails and Pulleys: Magnetic Rails and Pulleys are designed for easy installation into new or existing belted conveyors or other material handling equipment. Magnetic Box Rails are used to hold and position ferrous or partly ferrous parts. They are ideal for use in “can handling” conveyor systems.
- Sorting Systems – Separation Rolls, Drum Separators, and Suspended Magnets
- Separation Rolls: automatically remove tramp metal from a material that travels on the conveyor system.
- Drum Separators are ideal for demanding applications, removes medium ferrous tramp metal in high flows.
- Suspended Magnets: remove medium to large tramp metal from conveying systems with high burden depth.
- Eddy Current: can be used wherever nonferrous metals have to be recovered or separated. Common applications include material sorting for recycling such as trash and municipal waste processing, auto shredding, etc.
MPI was formed to advance the development of permanent magnet technology used in industry. MPI has standard and custom solutions for your industrial magnet needs. As MPI has grown, the same focus on product development and improvement has remained and has been expanded to include magnetic conveying, automation and material handling equipment systems as well as metal detection. Contact MPI with your questions.
ECO-FLOW | HARCO BRAKE COMPONENTS
When a manufacturer suspects that a drilling operation could cause plugs inside a precision brake component, he knows that the resulting damage will be more costly and require greater action than a simple phone call . . .
SHAKERS | RADAR INDUSTRIES
Like any maintenance supervisor at a busy stamping plant, 30-year manufacturing veteran Mike De Vitt's goal at Radar Industries in Warren, Michigan, is to keep his presses up and running . . .
SHAKERS | TOLEDO TOOL AND DIE
Toledo Tool and Die (TTD), of Toledo OH, approached MPI looking for an improved method to remove scrap from their stamping press. MPI recommended that TTD consider MPI’s M-50 electric shaker . . .
MINI FREE FLOW | GLOBAL FOOD PROCESSOR
When raw materials arrive at a food plant, they can contain many types of contaminants, including metals. Metals find their way into raw materials from the time of harvest through the many material handling processes needed to turn them into a product ready for packaging . . .
BLM | MAJOR MANUFACTURER
Removal of scrap metal is a vital, constant and costly function faced by plant managers worldwide. Untimely removal of scrap can endanger workers and damage machinery . . .
MAGNETIC CHUTE | MAJOR CO-PACKER
Ensuring that there is no cross-contamination, coupled with dustless operation were their biggest concerns . . .