The Insider's Guide To Drawer Magnets
Drawer magnets are the most common method to capture fine ferrous tramp metal in medium flows.
MPI drawer magnets improve product purity and protect processing equipment. Drawer magnets handle a wide range of separation tasks in mechanical or gravity flow applications
Product flows through the drawer magnet housing. It then cascades over the staggered rows of magnetic tubes. Ferrous contaminants flow to the surface of the magnets. They then move to the underside of the tube to prevent any wash off.
MPI drawer magnets are available in utility, food, and sanitary construction grades.
Here are some MPI Drawer Magnet Options:
- Manual Clean Drawer Magnet:
- An economical choice for keeping product clean and equipment safe.
- Designed to remove medium and small size ferrous tramp metal contaminants from dry, granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes.
- Our DM-200 Series Drawer Magnets protect processing equipment, such as milling, extruding and mixing machinery, while providing higher product quality
- Round Spout Drawer Magnet:
- Designed to remove medium and small size ferrous tramp metal contaminants from dry, granular, free-flowing product streams in round gravity-fed vertical chutes and spouts.
- Our Round Spout Drawer Magnet offers an easy and economical solution for protecting processing equipment and providing greater product purity. It is an ideal product for sifter and screener discharge spouts. It eliminates the need for mounting transitions or flanges.
- Quick-Clean Drawer Magnet:
- Our Quick-Cleaning Drawer Magnets use a “Type A” magnetic circuit. They remove small to medium sized ferrous contaminants from dry powder or granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes
- 2-tiers of magnetic tubes provide maximum magnetic filtration providing protection for processing equipment, such as milling, extruding, and mixing machinery
- Assures high product quality standards with low maintenance
- Self-Clean Drawer Magnet:
- Self-Cleaning Drawer Magnets use a “Type A” magnetic circuit and remove small to medium sized ferrous contaminants from dry powder or granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes
- This drawer magnet protects processing equipment, such as milling extruding and mixing equipment
- Assures high product quality standards with automatic magnet cleaning resulting in excellent magnet performance
- Sanitary Toolless Drawer Magnet:
- The next big thing in magnets includes a patent-pending sanitary design with toolless maintenance.
- MPI’s new patent-pending Sanitary Toolless Drawer Magnet (ILGDM) captures small contaminants — wire, metal shavings, and metal wear — from dry powder or granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes. It's used in primary, secondary or finishing applications.
- This next generation drawer magnet delivers the highest levels of equipment protection and product purity
- Continuous Flow Drawer Magnet:
- Designed for high metal contamination applications that require 24/7 product processing.
- MPI’s Continuous Flow Self-Clean Drawer Magnets use a “Type A” magnetic circuit. They remove small to medium sized ferrous contaminants from dry powder or granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes. These drawer magnets utilize four (4) tiers of magnets in two (2) doors. This allows for independent cleaning of each drawer without interrupting product flow. This unit protects milling, extruding and mixing equipment while ensuring high product quality standards — 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- These units are an excellent solution for applications which have high levels of product flow and tramp metal.
- Carbon Stainless Steel Drawer Magnet:
- Ideal for industrial applications, especially plastics.
- MPI’s Carbon Stainless Steel Drawer Magnets provide optimum tramp metal protection for plastic injection molding and extruding equipment. Our carbon steel and stainless steel drawer magnets provide an economical solution which provides many benefits and features not found in comparable products.
- These drawer magnets are ideal for use with plastic regrind materials, which may contain higher amounts of tramp metal. Use of MPI’s heavy-duty carbon steel and stainless steel drawer magnets can reduce equipment maintenance, prevent equipment damage, and increase quality parts production.
- Large Tube Drawer Magnet:
- Designed for products that bridge or choke traditional drawer magnets.
- This particular Drawer Magnet is especially suited for materials such as flour, sugar and rendering applications
- The Large Tube Drawer Magnet features a row of 3” tubes over a row of 1” tubes. The product stream flows over diverters that cause it to flow through the magnet’s magnetic field. This creates an extremely effective magnetic circuit. The different size magnetic tubes prevent bridging or choking of the product stream and maximize magnetic filtration as product flows through the housing.
As the first manufacturer to offer self-cleaning magnetic separators, MPI is proud to have established the industry standard for permanent magnet separator equipment design and performance.
As MPI has experienced successful growth, the company has expanded to include metal detection, magnetic conveying, automation and material handling equipment systems for industrial applications. Contact MPI with your questions.
ECO-FLOW | HARCO BRAKE COMPONENTS
When a manufacturer suspects that a drilling operation could cause plugs inside a precision brake component, he knows that the resulting damage will be more costly and require greater action than a simple phone call . . .
SHAKERS | RADAR INDUSTRIES
Like any maintenance supervisor at a busy stamping plant, 30-year manufacturing veteran Mike De Vitt's goal at Radar Industries in Warren, Michigan, is to keep his presses up and running . . .
SHAKERS | TOLEDO TOOL AND DIE
Toledo Tool and Die (TTD), of Toledo OH, approached MPI looking for an improved method to remove scrap from their stamping press. MPI recommended that TTD consider MPI’s M-50 electric shaker . . .
MINI FREE FLOW | GLOBAL FOOD PROCESSOR
When raw materials arrive at a food plant, they can contain many types of contaminants, including metals. Metals find their way into raw materials from the time of harvest through the many material handling processes needed to turn them into a product ready for packaging . . .
BLM | MAJOR MANUFACTURER
Removal of scrap metal is a vital, constant and costly function faced by plant managers worldwide. Untimely removal of scrap can endanger workers and damage machinery . . .
MAGNETIC CHUTE | MAJOR CO-PACKER
Ensuring that there is no cross-contamination, coupled with dustless operation were their biggest concerns . . .