- Patented electric drive design allows for near silent operation and excellent scrap transfer speeds to keep up with even the most challenging scrap handling jobs
- RST (Rubber Suspension Technology) Bearings which are used to support the pans are maintenance-free, reduce metal contact points or friction locations and do not generate noise
- Heavy duty structural steel stanchions anchored to floor with concrete anchors to support pan system
- Leveling pads included to ensure a proper level installation
- Efficient electric operation reduces utility costs
- High load capacity is suitable for any scrap management situation
- Optional controls to control single components to complete turnkey systems
- Installation available for turnkey project management
- Comparison of linear conveyor systems for stamping applications:
|Linear System Options
|Conveyor Type||Rate Limit||Cost||Durability||Scrap Material|
- Compared to traditional steel belt conveyor designs, MPI M-1000 Linear Shaker Systems reduce metal on metal contact points in the conveyor design by over 99%. Metal on metal contact points are a primary cause of wear in conveying systems. Through using RST bearings, the only metal on metal contact locations are internal to the enclosed drive system and where the scrap contacts the pans. Since the pans are formed from a single sheet or plate of steel, then flush mounted together, there are no places where the scrap can cause jams or damage to the conveyor. The scrap moves without the use of paddles or cleats, which often break and require repair. This results in a much more robust design that can give years of maintenance free operation.
Metal coils feed stamping presses at throughputs of up to 100 parts per minute. After each punch, metal trim falls away through the die, onto a shaker pan mounted underneath. The electric scrap shaker conveyor motor then “shakes” the pan and conveys the trim scrap into a collection bin for recycling or sale.
- Length: Overall system lengths range from 20-350′ in 8′ sections that are bolted together.
- Width: Standard 24” wide pan, custom widths available as required by application from 12” to 36”.
- Pan Material: Formed 7 gauge carbon steel standard. Optional ¼” carbon steel plate and/or manganese material.
- Drive: Center mounted, unless required otherwise by installation. Drive can have offset installation for clearance issues in some installations.
- Installation: Floor mounting required. Concrete anchors and leveling pads included to ensure proper level installation and secure mounting to the floor.
- Power Input: Power inputs can be configured as required with the controls package selected with system.
All options for M-1000 series linear shaker systems are covered under the specifications tab.