CO680 Large Bag Metal Detector
Even the largest of products require metal detectors for product safety. Conveyor belt
Even the largest of products require metal detectors for product safety. Conveyor belt systems assist the big bags as they travel through production lines. The large bags of flour, grain, spices, powders, food additives and healthcare products require highly sensitive detection. The CO680 Large Bag Metal Detector senses ferrous and non-ferrous metals as small as 2 mm stainless steel. The sturdy stainless steel conveyor belt easily maneuvers the 50-100 lb. bags. A variety of reject mechanisms (e.g. pusher, belt stop, alarm, etc.) are available to alert operators of a “find” or to divert contaminated product.
- Intuitive Design
- Multiple languages available
- Four-level password: operator, manager, technician and service
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step, high-graphic screens help users set standards for product testing
- Simple operation means no expensive service calls to adjust settings
- Four Quadrant Technology
- 360° analysis of the product signature
- Metal threshold follows the signature so metal detection occurs in the whole product
- The detector adjusts settings to detect metals in the most “difficult” products such as cheese or high salt content foods
- Zero Maintenance Electronics
- All-solid-state electronics housed on one mainboard – ensures years of reliable performance offering the lowest cost of ownership on the market
- Digital Balance Control adjusts for temperature and humidity fluctuations by monitoring coil balance more than 200 times per second
- 2-year standard warranty
- Documentation and Traceability
- Metal detectors are considered a critical control point, and continuous checking is required to meet standards. Cassel metal detectors can be programmed to automatically remind the operator to test equipment performance at pre-set intervals. A list of metal contaminant detections, changes in parameter settings, etc., is stored with both date and time. This list can be viewed on-screen or the data can be downloaded to a Windows-based PC.
- Performance validation system (PVS) automatically prompts the operator to test Metal Detector performance at pre-set intervals
- Operational history: events are recorded with the date and time and can be viewed on the control panel or export the log via a serial port
- Data will not be lost during a power outage
The conveyor belt carries an object through this field and when an abnormality occurs, the magnetic field changes and the detector is signaled.
- Designed for detection performance of 1.5 mm ferrous, 2.0 mm non-ferrous and 2.0 mm stainless steel in large bags, typically 50-100 lbs.
- Hygienic food industry design available to ensure compliance with good manufacturing principles
- Harsh environment rating as standard on sensor head to maintain stability regardless of the environment
- Typical options include wash down up to IP69k, reject devices, proximity sensors, alarms and special belting
- Compatible with the METAL SHARK 2A to provide high quality inspection
- SHARKNET® software
- Monitor real-time inspection results and actively manage product inspection equipment from a central computer
- Enables automatic downloading of data documentation to a Windows-based PC
- Support required compliance with: HACCP-SQF 2000-BRC-GMP-IFS5-FSSC 22000/PAS 220
- Remote maintenance capability by operators and Cassel technicians
- All data is stored in an SQL database for easy export or integration if needed