Our Foundational Principles
Our Noble Purpose
MPI designs, manufactures and services magnets, material handling and electronic inspection systems. Our main product line uses magnets to remove metal contaminants from the food stream. When food is harvested, transported, or processed, metal contaminants sometimes break off from the processing equipment and get into the food. MPI products remove these contaminants to keep our food safe. MPI is a leader in inventing, engineering and manufacturing magnetic separation equipment. Our noble purpose is Protecting and Moving the World Through Innovation. We keep food safe.
Our Guiding Practices
At MPI has adopted guiding practices to manage the corporation’s operations. These core principles and practices are defined in the corporation’s mission statement as follows:
- Develop products which utilize state-of-the art technologies to enhance and improve the performance standards of equipment offered to industries served.
- Establish internal quality standards that ensure customers receive products that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Remain proactive in markets served to promote product improvements and development that surpass established perceived thresholds, by vigilantly listening to what customers say they want and need in the marketplace.
- Develop product educational materials that easily teach customers about the performance, application capabilities and limitations of products offered.
Make MPI an easy company with which to work.
- Provide all employees with a safe and enjoyable place of employment through effective implementation of all local, state and federal government safety standards.
- Provide all employees through effective communication and leadership, a method to achieve specific personal and occupational career path goals.
- Develop partnerships with key suppliers to ensure all parties can participate in a mutually rewarding commercial financial relationship.
- Participate through leadership as a corporate citizen to enhance and improve the quality of life in the local community.
Our Core Values
At MPI we believe that our employees are our greatest asset! Recognizing the individual contributions of our employees is very important! Without their efforts to go above and beyond we could not be successful. We also understand that people are looking for more than just a job – they are looking for meaningful work, great benefits, and a great working environment which is why we strive to provide all that and more.
At MPI we live by five core values to help reinforce our corporate values, our culture and provide excellent service to our customers. Our employees recognize these values within their coworkers.
Excellence in the Ordinary – By this we mean that every job matters and is important to the overall success of MPI. We do ordinary things, extraordinarily well.
Cultural Warrior – At MPI, we are driven by a relentless commitment that all employees achieve their definition of success. We challenge the status quo – Fear of Change does not get a vote at MPI!
No Red Tape – At MPI, we believe in doing the right thing without delay. While respecting our processes we strive to be an easy company to do business with.
PhD in Customer Education – We believe an educated customer is an MPI customer. Our approach is to Be Ready to educate our customers at any time, to Listen to allow our customers to establish their knowledge – we don’t assume, and lastly to Empower our customers by giving them knowledge.
Shared Loyalty – The team does not succeed unless everyone succeeds. We graciously give and receive help when needed.
ECO-FLOW | HARCO BRAKE COMPONENTS
When a manufacturer suspects that a drilling operation could cause plugs inside a precision brake component, he knows that the resulting damage will be more costly and require greater action than a simple phone call . . .
SHAKERS | RADAR INDUSTRIES
Like any maintenance supervisor at a busy stamping plant, 30-year manufacturing veteran Mike De Vitt's goal at Radar Industries in Warren, Michigan, is to keep his presses up and running . . .
SHAKERS | TOLEDO TOOL AND DIE
Toledo Tool and Die (TTD), of Toledo OH, approached MPI looking for an improved method to remove scrap from their stamping press. MPI recommended that TTD consider MPI’s M-50 electric shaker . . .
MINI FREE FLOW | GLOBAL FOOD PROCESSOR
When raw materials arrive at a food plant, they can contain many types of contaminants, including metals. Metals find their way into raw materials from the time of harvest through the many material handling processes needed to turn them into a product ready for packaging . . .
BLM | MAJOR MANUFACTURER
Removal of scrap metal is a vital, constant and costly function faced by plant managers worldwide. Untimely removal of scrap can endanger workers and damage machinery . . .
MAGNETIC CHUTE | MAJOR CO-PACKER
Ensuring that there is no cross-contamination, coupled with dustless operation were their biggest concerns . . .